Level 3 Food Safety
This training is not offered as an open course but presented on demand. If you would like any further information, or wish to make arrangements for training, please either call us on 01268 754594 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Highfield Level 3 Award in Food Safety for Catering/ Retail/ Manufacturing (RQF)
Bespoke training arranged at customers request
The Level 3 Award in Food Safety is a qualification aimed at supervisors/managers and future supervisors/managers working in the food industry.
The training of food handlers is a legal requirement, and the key to profitability and high standards of food safety is to train supervisors and managers to ensure their competency.
Topics Covered Include:
- The importance of food safety management procedures and complying with the law
- The role of the supervisor in maintaining food safety
- Ensuring that microbiological, chemical, physical and allergenic hazards are controlled
- Ensuring good temperature control and stock rotation
- The importance of ensuring good personal hygiene and preventing contamination, including handwashing, protective clothing, cuts, training and reporting illness
- Ensuring that work areas and equipment are kept clean and safe
- Ensuring safe waste disposal and pest management
- Implementing food safety management systems
This qualification is assessed through a 45-question multiple-choice examination. The duration of the examination is 90 minutes.
Successful learners must achieve a score of at least 30 out of 45 to Pass (66%). Learners will receive a Distinction if they achieve 36 or more (80%).
Photographic id, in the form of a driving license or passport will need to be provided before the examination can commence. Alternatively, a bank card or something similar, against which we can check a signature will suffice.
Tutor Led One to One/Self Study
Participants must be prepared to undertake self-study of approximately 10 hours.
In addition to the self-study, tutor led sessions will be arranged on mutually agreed occasions, to support this study, present training sessions and invigilate the examination.
Participants will be provided with an e-mail address and contact phone number should they require any additional support.
Although there is no specific length of time for this training to take place, we would expect it to be completed in a timely fashion, to maintain momentum.
£450.00 plus VAT, inclusive of the course handbook, work-book, self-study package, tutor led sessions, telephone/email support, examination fee, e-certificate and all administration.
Terms and Conditions
Should the participant wish to cancel the training, after the first session has already taken place, there will be no refund. At this stage training cannot be transferred to another candidate.